How about calling your child Christ? Well this is one of the names that have been rejected by the government in New Zealand. Lots of countries put restrictions on what children can be named.
More banned name facts
- Denmark asks its residents to pick from a list of names.
- Portugal has two separate lists, ones that they approve and ones that they don’t.
- Iceland have a panel that decide what names are acceptable.
- Germany does not allow children to be named after a place/location. They also do not look kindly upon names that do not show whether someone is male or female. Kim and Jo would have to be looked at twice.
The reason for government intervention is to protect its people from having names that will cause them any sort of problems when they grow older. Names like Jesuswept can be offensive, in New York one set of parents lost custody of their child for named him Adolf Hitler.
Do governments have the right to do this? Or should you have complete control over choosing a name because of particular name meanings.
- One more Writing Website Falls under Scrutiny. Loser or Profy?
- Yet One Academic Writing Service Falls under Scrutiny. Lame Duck or Shining Star?
- One more Writing Website Is on Close Inspection. Non-achiever or Shining Star?
- Yet Another Writing Website Falls under Scrutiny. Loser or Top Service?
- Another Academic Writing Service Comes under Scrutiny. Loser or Profy?